OUR TRAINING COURSES
An informed audience, with knowledge of diamonds, or who have completed the “Diamond” training course.
Over a three-day period, you will find out about the 4Cs, criteria for assessing a diamond and learn how to grade quality.
Each diamond is unique and has qualities clearly defined using the “4Cs”. Thanks to this training course, largely devoted to observation and practices, you will become familiar with the diamond grading system used internationally: colour, clarity, mass, size, luminescence, as well as syntheses and treatments, etc.
Teaching methods and resources
Training provided by a professional gemmologist
Use of traditional gemmological equipment: diamond magnifying glass, tweezers, UV lamp, precision scale, binocular microscope
Observation of many diamond samples
- Review of major concepts relating to diamonds: History, properties
- Diamond mass, scales and estimates, dimensions.
- Clarity grades
- Grading fluorescence
- Diamond colours: colourless to almost colourless diamonds, and colour diamonds
- Diamond cut grades
- History of diamond cutting and ancient and modern cutting techniques
- Cutting stages and techniques, proportions, cut grades, polish, symmetry
Information and Registration
Sophie Pereira De Sousa : email@example.com – 01 40 26 98 00