DIAMOND GRADING : THE 4Cs
Anyone with an interest in diamonds
To understand diamond assessment criteria, and learn how to grade quality.
Each diamond is unique and its qualities are described in the “4Cs” standard. With this training largely devoted to observation and practice, you will familiarize yourself with the diamond grading system used internationally: colour, clarity, carat weight, cut, luminescence, and also with laboratory grown diamonds and treatments…
TEACHING METHODS AND RESOURCES
- Training provided by a professional gemmologist
- Use of standard gemmological equipment: loupe, tweezers, UV lamp, carat scale, binocular microscope
- Observation of a large number of diamond samples.
- Recapitulation of the diamonds fundamentals : History, properties
- Diamonds carat weight, scales and estimation, size
- Grading clarity
- Grading fluorescence
- The colours of diamonds : colourless to near colourless diamonds, and coloured diamonds
- Grading cut
- History of diamond cutting, old and modern cuts
- Diamond cutting steps and techniques, proportions, cut, polish and symmetry grading.
Laboratoire Français de Gemmologie – 30, rue de la Victoire 75009 Paris
Inquiries and subscription
Maéva Peltier : firstname.lastname@example.org – 01 40 26 98 00