OUR LONG TRAINING COURSES
BECOMING EXPERT IN GEMOLOGY – CQP
The French Gemmology Laboratory offers you comprehensive training toward your diploma.
Open to all
To earn certification as a qualified “Gemmologist”
- PRODUCTION PROCESSES AND TECHNIQUES
Knowing how to characterise major gemstones and using gemmological instruments
- MATTER AND MATERIALS, FACILITIES, TOOLS AND MATERIALS
Knowing the criteria for valuing gems and implementing monitoring and control actions
· HYGIENE, SAFETY AND HEALTH IN THE WORKPLACE
Being familiar with the health and safety rules in the company and on the workstation
· ORGANISATION AND COMMUNICATION AS A GEM PROFESSIONAL
Understanding the business environment, technical documentation, knowing how to convey information
TEACHING METHODS AND RESOURCES
- Training provided by a practising gemmologist
- Fully-equipped room and educational materials on-site
VALIDATION OF TRAINING
- An internal examiner assesses the skills covered by the Certificate of Vocational Training gained at the company (observable in real-life or theoretical situations).
- The instructor(s) at the training body assess the skills gained at the training centre (observable in simulated or theoretical situations).
- The candidate defends a case of his or her achievements before a jury of geology professionals.
- The CPNE (Joint National Committee on Employment) determines whether the CQP is awarded, after deliberation by the jury.
Prerequisites: Baccalaureate or CAP
The applicant must submit an application and attend a personalised interview with the head of education.
Admission is subject to approval by a jury.
420 hours – 9 months
Two options available:
- Intensive training: 9 months, every Thursday and Friday during the day
- Evening classes: Tuesday and Thursday evenings for 2 years
Written assessment followed by an oral examination before a jury of teachers and professionals
Please call 01 40 26 98 00
Information and Registration
Sophie Pereira De Sousa : email@example.com – 01 40 26 98 00